Thursday, January 24, 2008

What is it about Subaru's?

As the saying goes, you are what you drive. Or is it, you drive what you are? Whatever the case may be, I've been noticing something lately as I've been driving around town: People that drive Subaru's don't like to drive at the speed limit.

Now, I'm not talking about those who drive the sporty Subaru's like the WRX or the Impreza - I'm talking about those Foresters, Outbacks, and even Tribecas.

I'm not saying they're speeding - Just the opposite is true. It seems they have trouble distinguishing the pedal on the right from the pedal on the left. If the speed limit is 45MPH, they'll do 40MPH and have a line full of traffic waiting for the next opportunity to pass. And in these parts, that can be awhile. I'd say that in about 90% of my non-scientific observations, whenever I'm behind a line of traffic, the person that's holding up the whole shooting match is driving a Subaru.

These folks need to realise that driving under the speed limit is just as dangerous, if not more dangerous, as driving over the speed limit. How you ask? Well, forcing people to pass on a two lane road offers many more hazards than simply driving the speed limit.

So, what is it about people that drive Subaru's?

No comments: